Monday, December 8, 2008

This one is for you Carrie

So on Sunday Kenzie was taking a nap with her Daddy so I decided to have a little bit of me time. I was hanging out with my mom, helping her make a texas sheet cake when all the sudden Carrie calls me. I answer the phone and she proceeds to tell me that she is trying really hard to NOT do her homework and would like it if I stopped being a slacker and updated my blog. So since I am your maid of honor at your wedding I will update it just for you!


I was really dreading the holiday season because my 5 month old hates the car and we seriously had 50 million houses to go too. I'm not complaining about my large family (Jake says I always complain that his family is not as "perfect" as mine! HAHA thats funny) who all love Jake Kenzie and I a lot. I have Kenzie on a very strict schedule, she eats every three hours starting at 8 am until 8 pm and then she sleeps all through the night. She also takes a nap from 11-2 or 2-5. Now by having to go to so many houses you can see where that would get messed up. In the case where that schedule does get messed up my little princess becomes very very angry and stays awake letting me know how angry she is all night long. After expressing my concern to my dear Bubby (Boyfriend/Hubby) he agreed that we needed to come up with a plan of attack and that it was ok to hurt some feelings so our princess could get the sleep that she needed. We decided that since my Aunt Sharon and Uncle Ed were coming from North Carolina and had never seen Kenzie that most of our time would be spent at my families house. Also my sister Nichole who lives in New Jersey was coming down and she had only seen Kezzy once and my dad who had been out of town for 10 weeks would be home for the holiday as well. We also decided that a lot of Jakes family on his dads side had never seen the baby so we would go to their Thanksgiving as well. So we needed to tell his mom that we would not be going to her house for thanksgiving. When Jake told her she said she understood but was still sad about it. We ended up going over a few days before to celebrate a little early.

Thanksgiving day was a lot of fun. My sister had bought Kenzie a HUGE bag full of clothes and the cutest elephant toy so I was very excited. There is nothing more fun than dressing up your daughter and I'm not gonna lie...my baby ALWAYS looks cute! It was so much fun to visit with everybody. Kenzie fell in love with Ed. I think it was because he has a New Yorkers accent and she thought it was funny but she was laughing none stop with him.


Ed, Sharon and Kenzie



Jake and I got to eat TWO thanksgiving dinners and spend a lot of time with our family. I could not have asked for a better thanksgiving. Kenzie also got her nap and slept the whole night so I was very happy about that as well.



On December 1st Kenzie kept waking up in the middle of the night screaming. It was so scary because the first time she did it, it was the this horrible high pitched scream that woke Jake and I both up. (Jake always sleeps through the moniter) We both went running into her room and she when she looked at us it was like she looked right through us kind of. Normally if we walk out of her sight and she starts to cry all we have to do is just let her see us but this time it was different. We both tried for a while to calm her down but it took thirty minutes. You all might think this is normal but Kenzie has been sleeping through the night since she was two and half months old. Anyways she kept waking up every three hours really upset never as bad as the first time but still really upset. The next morning I called my mom and was complaining saying that she was held WAY WAY WAY too much over thanksgiving so now she was screaming every time you put her down. About half way through the day when she would not stop crying I called the doctor and asked if she could be checked out. So we went and I found out she had a double ear infection and a bad cold. I felt horrible. I had been complaining when she was really sick. I was told to give her meds three times a day for ten days. After a couple of days she was doing really well but then I got really sick. So this past week was awful for us. Lucky for Jake he was at work most of the time so he wasn't around enough to catch anything. He did surprise me with coldstone to make me feel better though.




I don't really think anything else has really happened. Kenzie has starting eating baby food. Its cute to watch her expression when we give her a new flavor.



Squash



Kenzie loves her new bouncy seat!



3 comments:

Whitney Bennett said...

That is so sad about her screaming. I bet you about jumped out of your skin to hear her screaming like that! Your girl is so cute.

MacSterS said...

Your daughter is adorable- I love your blog...posts are great!

Shane and Jessie Hayes said...

She is getting SOOO big! I updated mine after I saw yours! Love you!