Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bachelorette Party

This past weekend I went to my best friends Bachelorette party. It was the second time that I left Kenzie for more than a day and let me tell you it NEVER gets easier. I did have a really good time plus I loved hanging out with Carrie without the worry of interupting feedings and nap times.

Carrie, Aunt Laura and I got our nails done and then went to eat at this amazing pizza place. It was so good and super cheap too then Carrie and I went to this "sex shop" to get her Bachelorette sash and our pins for all of us girls to wear. There were some really interesting things in there...I'm such a kid though I was giggling like a ten year old the whole time.

That night we got all dressed up and went to Kabutos for dinner which was so good. I loved the rice and chicken HATED the veggies and shrimp! HAHAH Then after dinner we went to downtown Greensboro to all the bars. I have been 21 for almost a year but because of being a mom and Kenzies early bed time (really I mean my early bed time...Jake and I are old old people) I had yet to go to a bar. I was so excited just to get carded! The first one we went to was a little on the lame side but then we went to this place called "Much" it was a bar on the first floor and on the roof was like a dance floor club type thing. We had so much fun there. It is so nice just to be able to hang out with the girls every once in a while. After that we went to some Irish Pub where this super drunk old red neck guy started to clog dance to the bands song. It was so funny. Our last stop was to this bar called the Burro and when we got there tons of people I went to high school with were there so it was so cool to see them all. Its so crazy how differently peoples lifes change in 4 years. At this point it is 2:30 am and I am dead so I was so glad it was time to go home. After we got back to Carries I hung out with everybody for an hour or so and then went and locked myself into my room and went to sleep.

Sometimes I really miss being able to go out and have fun like the rest of my friends do but this weekend made me realize that I have just as much fun at home with Kenzie and Jake as I do staying out and night. Plus I am much better at going to bed at 9:00 then 3:30. All in all I had a blast and I'm so excited to be Carries Maid of Honor at her wedding this May. Its so crazy we have been through so much together since the sixth grade but in the end we are just as close now as we were back in middle school. I LOVE YOU CARRIE LYNN!



Amy and I

Carrie and I

Brittany and I

No comments: