Sunday, June 28, 2009

Kenzies Birthday!

Kenzie turned one on the 24th but we had her party on the 20! She is our little bug so it was only fair to have a butterfly birthday party for her. I went a little crazy on making her party really cool even though she would not remember any of it. I kept telling Jake after the third day in a row of carrying in three party city bags from the car that even if she did not remember her party, I would so I HAD to make it a big deal. We ordered 7 large pizzas with chips and dip and then of course we had her cake! We got a big cake for everybody but she had her own "smash" cake. I have NEVER seen a kid go at cake the way she did....she ate it all! Literally there was nothing on the floor and only crumbs left on her highchair tray. Everybody kept telling me to take it away from her but the cool thing about being the mom is NOBODY can tell you what to do when it comes to your kid. Jake and I knew she was having a good time and seriously when else in her life is she going to be able to eat that much cake. (Plus she is only a few ounces away from being able to sit in the big car seat so we figured the more cake the more weight!) After her cake I gave her a bath while all the other kids hit the butterfly pinata. After that we opened presents. Kenzie wanted nothing to do with ripping the paper off her presents so I had all the other kids that were there help her out. She got some awesome stuff....lots of babies(she LOVES baby dolls) a music table...and some other really fun things that even I enjoy playing with. We had so much fun at her party! Thanks to everyone that was a part of it!



No comments: