Saturday, February 20, 2010

Terrible Two's WHAT?!?

My daughter has been fairly easy on me up til this point in her life. I know I complained about not enough sleep here and there but the child has been really really good! This will lead me into my story...My daughter is so independent, she has to drink from a big girl cup with no lid, she has to brush her own teeth, and she has to put on her own chapstick! Her favorite word is NO and PAPA (maybe thats because my father gives her WHATEVER she wants!) So the other day I was on the phone crying to my dear friend Courtney Hawkins complaining about something or another when I hear Kenzie splashing around in some water in the bathroom...this could only mean one things...POTTY TIME! So I yelled "Kenzie get out of the toilet thats gross" she proceeds to say NO NO NO! So I say "ONE(pause a few seconds) TWO(pause a few seconds) now in any normal situation she would come running into the room laughing because she finds my frustration funny but this time she came out of the bathroom looked at me and said "THREE" then took off running down the hall. If I was in a good mood this would have made me laugh but because I had already been pushed over the edge that day I got so mad! I put the phone down and chased my child down the hall to give her a spanking....after I spanked her (don't worry it was over and jeans and diaper) she gave me the nastiest look ever and HIT yes HIT my face! OMG I could have screamed! So I went and put her in her crib and told her to think about her lifes decisions until Mommy could get her boiling blood level back down again. Instead of crying she sat down and started loving on her blanket singing to herself.

I know I was a really hard teenager and gave my mother hell....but really this is a little early for payback! OH MY this is going to be a long next few months!

1 comment:

Sydney Garton said...

HAHAHAHA Kendra.. I'm sorry but that is really funny. I'm sure I wont think it is that funny when summer gets to be her age either though..