Monday, October 21, 2013

100th Post

I am so excited that my 100th post is all about my three favorite people in the entire world...

Kenzie Lynn started KINDERGARTEN on August, 8 2013.  How in the world is my tiny human old enough to start Kindergarten? I honestly feel like it was just yesterday that I found out I was pregnant with her. She was so excited to start "big girl" school and even more excited to finally be able to wear her new dress and leggings we had bought a few weeks earlier. Jake and I were able to walk her into her classroom and kiss her goodbye.  Not going to lie, I cried. In my defense, I was super pregnant (scheduled to be induced the next day pregnant) and emotional. When we picked her up from school she was very happy to report that she had an amazing day and loved school. I am happy to announce that she still loves school just as much maybe even more. She is my little book worm and is amazed that she is starting to learn to read on her own. Our days are filled with helping her sound out words and helping her spell them. After her first parent teacher conference we have learned that Kenz is quite the social butterfly and somehow has managed to make friends with the entire school.  Her teacher says that they can't walk down the hall without a few older children walking up to her and hugging her. She also loves learning and making sure the other children are doing what they are supposed to do. She amazes Jake and I every day with how smart and wonderful she is. I'm so happy that she was blessed with Uncle Michael's brain.


Maci Evan was born on August 9,2013.  I went into the hospital at 7:00 that morning expecting to be induced but when they hooked me up to the monitors, I was having contractions two minutes apart on my own.  The midwife went ahead and broke my water at about 8:00 and Maci was born at 12:46 that afternoon. Labor and delivery was a lot harder this time around, very very painful but I had the most awesome nurse in the entire world and a very supportive husband by my side at all times. She was perfect from the second she came out. 7.9 lbs and 20.5 inches long. She looked exactly like Kenzie did was she was born, so much so that it was kind of creepy in a doppleganger kind of way. Our stay at the hospital is a blur. We had visitors all day everyday. My two children are very loved by a ton of people and I am so lucky to have so many close family and friends

Since coming home, Maci has been a little angle baby.  How we got so lucky, I have no idea. We never went through the whole newborn up all night phase. She literally has slept through the whole night since day one. She cries only when she is hungry and it's not really a cry, more like a scream to make sure we all know she is ready to eat. Once that bottle is in her mouth, she is a very happy girl. I was really worried about the age difference between Kenzie and Maci and how that would play out. It has been awesome, Kenzie loves helping and Maci is obsessed with her big sister.

Jake has been doing really well as well.  His company has really taken off recently and the work keeps pouring in. He loves what he does and is really good at it. I made him shave his head recently, it was time. His hair was starting to resemble Bozo the Clowns so I sat him down for "the talk". It took him about a week to come to grips with the situation but he finally agreed with me. I LOVE IT.

At the end of August, I was able to go to Court's wedding.  I was supposed to be a bridesmaid but couldn't because the wedding was so close to Maci's due date. I was so excited to I got to go. It has been since 2005 that I was in Seattle last. Court was beautiful and I am so happy for her and Nich. We all knew that they would fall in love and get married one day...just took them a little longer to figure it out.

I am so happy our little family of four is complete now. It's crazy how much things have changed in just 9 weeks. I can't imagine life without our little Maci Cakes. Poor Jake, a house full of girls but I really don't think he would have it any other way.










1 comment:

Rach said...

I love your little family, and I love your blog! It's so much fun to see all the things you guys are doing, and I freaking miss you like crazy, cousin! Love you!