Monday, October 19, 2009

Birthday, Pumpkins, and the Fair

Picture OVERLOAD on this post! We have been very busy the last few weeks Babyland, Nathan's birthday, helping our friends move, looking at houses, Burts and the fair! Last night I went to bed at 8:00 and Kenzie went to bed at 7:00! We were worn out.
Babyland is the coolest place in the world for anybody who has a girly girl. Kenzie LOVES dolls. I can't go down the doll aisle in Target anymore without walking away with a doll. We walked in to the museum and she started screaming with she was so excited. I didn't get the best picture because she was too busy looking at all the dolls but we had a lot of fun. We went with MiMi (Jake's Mom) my Mom, Kenzie, Bonnie and myself. It was fun to have a girls day. And each girl got to pick out a cabbage patch doll to take home.
My little brother just turned 14...I feel like it was just yesterday Dad went to go pick up our pizza and Mom went into labor with all of us kids there. That was back when cell phones were not around so my sister and I were crying and Michael was trying to play doctor. Anyways we went to Ninja for dinner and had a really good time. Japanese is the ONLY restaurant we can take Kenzie to now because she is entertained the whole time. Expensive taste...I know she totally gets that from me! Nathan got a shirt from us and some xbox game (I think it is xbox who knows)
This picture is to prove my child does have a temper. Everytime I try to complain to somebody she about it they shut me up and tell me im lying!
Our good friends are moving literally two houses down from their old house so Jake and I went to help them move. We are also in the process of putting an offer down on a house in that neighborhood as well. I won't go into details because I don't want to jinx myself but everyone cross your fingers everything goes through.
This past Sunday we went to Burt's pumpkin farm with our family and the Burruss's. Its a tradition we have, Jake and I have been the last three years with Kenzie. I had just found out I was pregnant with Kenzie the first time we went and last year she was only 4 months old. We went on a hay ride (we found out Kenzie is allergic to hay...she got welts all over and her little eyes were really red and swollen) and then we picked out a few pumpkins! It was so much fun!
After Burt's we headed down the the Cumming Fair. It was the last day and some friends had given us free admission tickets a parking pass and free ride tickets. Kenzie could only ride on three rides but it was still really fun to walk around and watch Luke ride the rides. We only planned on being there for a few hours but next thing we knew 4 hours had passed. Even though everything was free we still spent a lot of money on food. A bag of cotton candy was 6 dollars. (totally worth it) By the time we got home Kenzie Jake and I were ready to call it a night. Its so crazy how being a parent changes your life so much. My friends without kids can still stay out til 2:00 in the morning. Its a late night for me if im not in bed by 10:00! This weekend was so much fun because we spent so much time together as just our little Corley family. Living with my parents is really nice but sometimes I need it to just be the three of us!

No comments: