Monday, October 5, 2009

WEST END GIRLS

So I have been a lazy blogger recently...well I have always been a lazy blogger. Life gets in the way and I kinda forget to blog. Anyways so here is an update on our life as of recently....

A few weeks ago we (Mom, Dad, Nathan, Jake and I) went to a Pet Shop Boys concert in atlanta. I bet none of you know who the Pet Shop Boys are, don't feel bad I didn't know either. I have some step-cousins in England who are singer/actresses and they are the dancers and backup singers for the group. I had never met them so they gave us free tickets and off we went. It was a lot of fun...very different from my everyday music but still it was a lot of fun. The Pet Shop Boys have a very very large gay following so it was extremely funny when my hubs got hit on. We were walking up some stairs to get to the bathroom and some man stuck his tounge out at Jake and made a very obscene gesture to him. Next thing I know he ran up to me grabbed my hand and said DON'T LET GO!!! I about fell on the floor laughing. That night my father also got hit on. Anyways while we were there Jake ordered some shrimp and offered me $200.00 to buy a new outfit at buckle to eat one little piece of shrimp. I FAILED miserably I mean I literally had an anxiety attack when it came time to pick that nasty little thing up. I could not do it and sad to say even after begging my husband he would not give me the money out of the kindness of his heart. All in all it was a fun night with the family!

I ran my 5k a few weeks ago as well. I was not expecting to run it at all, I was planning on walking the whole time. I wasn't even gonna show up but I didn't want to waste the $25 fee I had to pay and I really wanted my shirt. I had the most horrible shin splints I have ever had in my whole life so two weeks before my race I did not run at all, I didn't even walk...to be honest I sat on the couch and watched Law and Order when I should have been training. Anyways I went to the race knowing I was going to be walking with the old ladies but as soon as that gun went off I started running. And I ran 95% of the time. I was so proud...I knocked 10 minutes off my time. After the race my shins killed me so I have been instructed to not run in my race this month which means no 1/2 marathon in November. Sad I know but im not giving up running...I just need to take care of my body better by streching and not taking on so much so quickly.
(I'm in the grey shirt...it was down pouring by this point!)

Kenzie is walking like CRAZY and she climbs up EVERYTHING...its so crazy to think this time last year she was so tiny. Now she is totally different her hair is blonde...she is into everything and she has the cutest little personality. She is my little dare devil nothing scares her.
I am offically starting school in January and I can't wait. For the past few days I have been studying math like crazy because I have to take a stupid placement test before I can enroll in a math class. I am horrible at math so I have been a little frustrated but I will say its a lot easier to understand it now then it was in high school. I think I will do well and im so excited to start all my classes. I am gonna get everything on a Tuesday/Thursday schedule so we only have to get a nanny for two days out of the week. Plus I really don't think I could be away from Kenz any longer than that.

Jake's nasty burn he got from falling down onto a lantern while fishing! I told him thats what he gets for trying to be a friggin red neck!

1 comment:

Sydney Garton said...

You go girl!!! I wish I was ambitious about running as you are. But for some reason I do remember you telling me back in he day that you liked to run or that you ran for school or something??!

That is so funny about the concert with all the gay people. My dad gets hit on by gay guys allll the time!.. maybe he just looks like he could be gay?!

Kenzie is sooooo cute! She looks like her dad a lot! You guys are such a cute family!