Friday, March 25, 2011

JOYS OF PARENTING...Kenzie already knows how to work it

Every morning, we have the same routine. Alarm goes off, hit snooze a few times, drag myself out of bed, take the four-legged babies potty, get in the shower, turn Kenzie's light on and open her door, fix my hair, fix my makeup, get dressed, wake Kenzie up, get her dressed, brush her hair, brush her teeth, give her a flintstone and out the door we all go.

Today everything went as usual until I turned on her light, she sat straight up in a wonderful mood and wanted to watch me get ready. At some point, Kenzie left my bathroom and went to hers bringing back her DORA battery operated toothbrush. She wanted me to brush her teeth right that second. I looked down at her and told her she needed to wait until I was done getting ready and then I would get her all situated. I then asked her if she wanted to watch Oso while I got ready. She told me no and asked if she could brush her teeth. Fast forward ten minutes....I have now said no probably 20 times and I tell her if she asks again I'm going to spank her little white butt! Fast forward another ten minutes I am getting dressed at this point and I look down to see Kenzie with her mouth full of who knows what. I ask her what the heck is in her mouth and she gives me this crazy little smile. I KNEW she had toothpaste in her mouth. Of course I pick her up while yelling at her telling her I told her to wait. After she spit the toothpaste in the sink she grins at me and says "DADDY SAID YES!"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Of course I go to Jake who is in our closet and start yelling at him telling him I told her no 189789 times! He looks at me and says oh i'm sorry I didn't know.

UGH She is almost three people and way way way to smart for her own good. It's a good thing she is stinking cute or I don't know what I would do.

At lunch today I told my mom the story and she died laughing and told me it was KARMA! I don't know what she is talking about I was a PERFECT daughter especially in my teenage years! HAHA

No comments: