Monday, February 9, 2009

Forrest Hills Resort and Spa

So what seems like 50 million different wedding locations, Jake and I decided on where we are getting married. Forrest Hills is a resort that is on a mountain and it is amazing. There is a spa, horseback riding, pools, walking/hiking trails, tons of things to do. We are getting married outside (yes I know, July in Georgia is crazy BUT it will be at night AND we are on a mountain so there will be a nice breeze) in this beautiful gazebo right next to a small waterfall. I'm telling ya its so pretty. I will be brought in by a horse and carriage and after we get married Jake and I will go off in the horse and carriage. Then everybody goes to the reception hall where there will be a dinner buffet and cake. Jake and I got to try the food on Sunday and its to die for. Its so yummy! We are also renting out two lodges for the weekend so all of our out of town guests and close friends will get to stay at the resort for the weekend.

I also found my bridesmaid dresses and maid of honor dress. They are by Alfred Angelo and three girls will wear one dress three girls will wear another and my sister will wear a different one. My colors are seafoam and robin egg blue. Finding my dress is another story. To be honest I am scared to go look right now even though I know I really need too. I have been doing really well at the gym though I am working out every day at least an hour and somedays I even do two hours. I also have been eating a lot better as well so maybe in a few weeks I will start trying on dresses.

I feel a lot less stressed having found our spot and we both are so in love with it. I can't wait til July!

1 comment:

Ashley & Donnie said...

How fun! Planning a wedding is so great! If you need a photographer let me know! I would love to see you again, and love taking pictures! You can see my website @ ashleymackayphotography.com

Good luck with everything!