Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Teething

I have heard about the hell teething brings to little babies but I never really thought anything about it. I was warned about how horrible child birth was and I'm not gonna lie...mine was pretty easy compared to most. My child doesn't cry when she gets shots, she is learning to crawl so there are lots of head bangs and she doesn't cry for those either. Well let me tell you teething is HORRIBLE! The screaming is horrible...its a pain scream and until your a mother you won't understand how that scream makes your heart stop. Its like being on a rollercoaster right as you go down a big hill and your stomach is in your throat...thats what that scream does. The pain is so bad for her that when she sees me she still screams. Usually the crying will stop as soon as your baby sees you but not when they are teething. Even when you hold them as tight as you can and tell them "it's ok kenzie mommy is here baby everything is ok" and no change still that pain scream. I thought my heart had been broken before but its nothing compared to this. I want to cry and scream with her but of course I can't because then she will just get more upset so all I can do is hold her and sit in our chair and rock her until she finally calms down enough to swallow some meds and then drift to sleep. Of course I can't fall back asleep because I'm dreading that in four hours when the tylenol wears off it will be the same heart stopping scream again.

I hate teething...any tips at all on how I can make her be in less pain would be wonderful.

No comments: