Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mommy Life, 5k/Work Outs & House Hunting

I stay at home with Kenzie while Jake goes to work. I would have never imagined myself doing this because I start to itch if I stay in one place for too long. For example I have moved a total of 11 times in my short 22 years on this earth. I love staying at home with Kenzie but I am starting to itch. I thought running would help and it does a little but I still get that jealous feeling that Jake goes to work while I stay at home all day. I feel like I need a part time job or something but as soon as I start to look I feel guilty because my pay check would pay for day care and thats about it. I would not be bringing in any money and if I'm not bringing in any money why would I go back to work. I am going back to school in January (I hope..thats the plan for now) but I still just itch all the time to do something. I think I'm going to get some books on baby sign language and try to teach Kenzie sign language.

My 5k is September 20th. Yay...I'm very excited about it. I have been running three miles and everyday I am improving a lot. I can feel my old habits slowly coming out again. My shins though are not too happy with me. This morning I got Kenzie out of bed and went to walk up the stairs to get her some breakfast....I just about died. So I took the day off but I will go back tomorrow no matter what. The best way to work out shin splints is rest a day and then work them out. UGH

House hunting sucks! I really thought we would look at a few houses and WHAM we would find one...WRONG . I have my own opinion of what would be best for us and Jakes is the opposite. The only thing we agree on is location. We both love Dawsonville but he wants a house with a lot of land and in the middle of nowhere but I want a house in a neighborhood. I grew up in this neighborhood where all the kids were best friends. Some of my favorite memories happened there. I want Kenzie to grow up with friends all around her. Jake agrees with that with the work he does he looks more at the business side of things. Land is worth more in the long run so therefore he wants the land to have a better turn around when the economy gets better. I keep telling him the economy is not gonna get better anytime soon so whatever we decide we will be there a while. Long story short...we can't even agree on houses to look at. Our goal is to be in a house before Christmas but we will see. As for now Mom and Dad's basement is nice and cozy!

I have been a slacker on pictures so here are a few.

No comments: