Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas 09

This Christmas all three of us got so spoiled. I just want to start by saying just how much I love my family and extended family. Sometimes I complain about them and the things they say or do that I probably take the wrong way BUT they are so awesome and I am so lucky for every single one of them. I am so glad I married somebody whose family has accepted me for me and welcomed me with open arms into their family. Also I am so thankful for my parents who get the brunt of my bad attitude/lack of sleep for not holding it against me.

Ok so to the fun stuff...last years Christmas Jake and I were so so so broke! I'm not kidding I have never been that broke even when I was in college and spending every spare penny on clothes instead of food. This Christmas was the extreme opposite. Like I have said before Jake has a very awesome job that gets even better when the economy is bad. We are so so blessed that this is how it has worked out for us. Anyways last year we spent like 5 dollars on Kenzie so this year Jake really let me go overboard to make up for last year. We decided Kenzie's big santa present would be a kitchen set. I had been looking for months and months at hundreds of different ones and I finally found one that I fell in love with. Its wooden and painted in pastel pink, greens, and yellows! Its is so pretty! Jake and my dad set it up the night before so when Kenzie woke up the next morning it would be all ready for her. She LOVED it...a little too much. She would not open any presents because she wanted to play. She also got lots of webkinz (they are little stuffed animals that are the perfect size for her) tons of clothes, food for her kitchen, bath toys, shoes and books. From her Mimi and James (Jakes mom and her boyfriend) she got a little vaccumm, doll house, clothes, and some cute shoes. From my parents she got clothes, extra rooms for the doll house, a farm set, more bath toys, blocks, and a water baby. From Papa and Grammy (Jakes dad and step mom) she got this awesome table just her size with four chairs to go with it, some building blocks, and more things to go with her kitchen. Also Jakes grandparents each got her a riding toy. She was spoiled rotten this christmas. I love it cause we play all day with her toys together and it is so much fun.

Jake and I did each others stocking he got a bunch of tools in his and I got jewelry and headbands in mine. Headbands are my new obsession! I also got two nicole lee purses and a few pairs of shoes from my parents and in laws! We also got a garmin YAY! Jake got tons and tons of tools and a tool box for his truck!

The best part of the whole Christmas 2009 experience was the dinners. It is so fun to just sit around a table and talk to everybody. Jake and I are so busy we hardly ever get around to seeing the great-grandparents and his cousins so I really enjoy being able to hang out with them. Also when there is tons of good food you know everybody is gonna be in a good mood which means there is gonna be tons of laughing.

I really enjoyed Christmas but I'm glad its over and its back to our normal routine. Today Kenzie and I spent the day just playing and laughing. She says so many words now its crazy. If you ask her if she wants to take a nap she will look at me and say noooo! Its cute I love that child to death! I hope everybody had a good Christmas and hope you all have a safe New Year!

Christmas party...Kenzie loved this Santa...he gave her a doll

Christmas Eve morning at Jake's moms house!
Brodeur kids minus Mike before Christmas Eve dinner
Japanese Dinner! AMAZING
LOVERS!
Kitchen Love
TUNNEL
My amazing little family!

No comments: