Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Crazy Thanksgiving!

I was so excited for Thanksgiving because my seester was coming into town. Its so funny how growing up we HATED each other and now not a day goes by where we don't talk on the phone for at least 10 minutes. Also my brother and Marilyn were coming down as well as my Aunt Sharon and Ed, Matthew and Grandma and Grandpa. Everybody got in Wednesday and we all stayed under one roof. Thats right 15 people all in my parents house. As soon as Sharon and Ed got here, they took away my child and would not let me come near her for a few hours so they could have alont time with her. I was in need of a break so I glady let them take the reins! Thanksgiving was a lot of fun. Started out by watching the parade and then of course the dog show and then ate at my partents. As soon as we were done eating Jake Kenzie and I went to his Memaw and Pawpas house for more dinner. It was so much fun to just hang out with everybody. Friday I was tempted to go to the mall but decided it would be way too busy for Kenzie. (I have watched one too many Lifetime movies)Everybody left on Saturday except for Mike, Marilyn, and Tricky. That night Mike Marilyn Jake and I went to the GA vs. TECH game and it was amazing. It was at GA TECH and 75% of the people there were GA fans. I don't really like football the only reason I am a dawgs fan is one who doesn't like a bulldog they are friggin cute! Two Red and black are colors that look good on anybody and Three Jake is a die hard GA fan so to keep the peace I have adopted them as my team. Anyways it was an awesome game and so much fun. 24 - 30 GO DAWGS!!!
On a different note, I have decided to go back to work. I will be working full time and going to school full time. I have been going back and forth with this decison for a while now but I know its what I need to do. I am just not a stay at home mom. For anybody who thinks that it is really easy to stay at home with your baby, you are SO wrong. It is the hardest but most amazing thing I have ever done. Your child is 100% dependent on you for everything and I think as time goes on some people just loose themselves in it. I am somebody who has lost my sense of self so I think it is best to go back to work and talking with people who can talk back. I am a worker...I got my first job the day I turned 16 I'm like my dad...its just in my blood. If I find out its too difficult to go to school and work I will of course put school first but I'm hoping it will work out. There is this amazing job at an OBGYN a few minutes away and it would be perfect for what I want to get into. I would learn so much and then when I graduate hopefully the doctors there can get me a job as a labor and delivery nurse. It would just be awesome if everything works out. I know Jake is still very on the fence about it. He wants me to stay with Kenzie and focus on school but he also realizes I need to be happy. Who knows maybe when it comes down to it I won't be able to leave her. Just looking at daycares online made me cry. I just need to find myself again.




2 comments:

Whitney Bennett said...

Oh man that must have been hard for you to decide. I know that you will do great at whatever you decide. I totally understand what you mean about moms just loosing themselves. I have already been doing that, yet there is no way I could leave riley to go back to work. Maybe it's because he is still too little. Who knows. Good luck with work and school. It sounds like you have a great plan! :)

Terri said...

Hey Kendra, I love reading your blog. It's a guilty pleasure of mine. You write about things in your life that relate to my own life with Abby and I love reading about Kenzie. Anyway, for the past two months I have been working full time and going to school full time, and it is by far the hardest thing I have ever done. Eric was laid off at the end of September, so when I got wind off the position I have now I didn't hesitate. It's so hard though. I miss Abby more than anything, and sometimes I feel like I'm missing out on everything. If I'm not at work, then I'm doing homework. If I could have one wish- I'd stay home with Abby.
It sucks. But when I am consumed by work and school, I always remind myself that I do it for Abby. So she can have a better life and so she can have a strong role model and strong parents to look up to as she grows up.
Good luck with everything!