Friday, December 4, 2009

High School

So last night Jake's good friend Rob came home for a short visit. Rob decided that a bonfire with the old "group" would be the best plan for a get together. When Jake told me this I was less than thrilled....its really cold outside and we were gonna be out past our bedtime. I sucked it up because I know how much seeing Rob was to Jake so I went with a bad attitude. We picked up Chris and Nicole which put me in a better mood and went to Robs from there. I was still a little annoyed at the whole bonfire aspect of things I mean come on were we still in high school? I went and had a great time. It was so much fun to see how happy Jake was with the whole gang back together. I heard all these CRAZY stories about all the stupid things they did. I also met lots of parents that knew Jake when he was growing up and it made me so proud when they told me how amazing he was. Of course I already know how amazing he is because I married him! Anyways I thought it was going to be a horrible night but before I knew it, it was 11:00 and I never yawned once. This made me think about my high school days and how much fun they were. I have moved around my whole life so I never really had a strong group of friends that grew up together but my two best friends who are from different states are still a huge huge part of my life and I am so thankful for them. I would not be who I am today without you two and I love you both so so much!

No comments: